Selling hosting services¶
Servers are used to create shared hosting and reseller accounts. To manage your servers go to Configuration -> Servers
Supported server managers¶
To create your own server manager see Server manager section.
Adding new Server¶
Server must be configured in BoxBilling to sell shared or reseller hosting accounts.
Follow these steps to create new server:
- Go to Configuration -> Hosting plans and servers -> New server tab
Servers has these conguration parameters:
- Give name to your server for your own reference.
- Your server hostname. Used to connect and generate link to control panel. Can also be IP address if does not have assigned hostname.
- IP Address
- Your server ip address, ie: 184.108.40.206 This is the most important server setting. API uses this IP to connect to server manager.
- Assigned IP Addresses:
- List the IP Addresses assigned to the server here, t hese are used to check which domains in BoxBilling are pointing to your server.
- Server access
- If you are reseller on server choose I am reseller on this server and cannot setup other reseller accounts option. Choose this option if you are not sure when you are reseller or not. Choose I have root access on this server and can setup other reseller accounts when you are root on server.
- Disabled servers will not be listed in drop down menus.
- Primary/Secondary/Tertiary/Quaternary Nameservers - these are the nameservers for this server, eg. ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com - used in welcome email and when registering domains
- Server Manager
- Type of server manager installed on server.
- Server Manager username
- Username to connect to server manager API. Usually name you use to connect to your control panel. (root/reseller)
- Server Manager password
- Password for user to connect to server manager API. Leave this field blank for cPanel/Whm manager.
- Access Hash
- Used only with cPanel/Whm manager instead of password. This is also known as “Remote access key” you can find it at WHM.
How to configure Kloxo server¶
- API port
- Port of connection to your API
- Username of Kloxo API
- Password of Kloxo API
After server configuration is complete and you can connect to server make sure you meet these requirements:
Resource plan and DNS template on Kloxo server are the same as Boxbilling product (change spaces in product name to underscore). Boxbilling can’t edit or create new resource plans and DNS templates in Kloxo, so all limits and nameservers must be set in Kloxo.
- To setup Resource plan go to your Kloxo server -> Administration -> Resource Plans -> Add Resource Plan.
- To setup DNS template go to your Kloxo server -> Resources -> DNS Templates -> Add DNS Template.